How do we bring land tenures to the hundreds of millions small holder farmers around the world? An interview with Thomas Vaassen, co-founder of Land Mapp.
A conversation with Michiel Lenstra, Impact Investor and Lead Wire Investments at Wire Group with a passion for small holder farmers and regenerative agriculture.
Working with farmers in Spain to bring back hope and inspiration through regenerative agriculture in farming communities. An interview with Michiel de Man, strategy director of Commonland.
Thekla Teunis and Gijs Boers, cofounders of Grounded. They are working to bring the agriculture sector in Africa back into balance.
LISTEN TO THE CONVERSATION ON:
We discuss how regenerative agriculture really works in practice on the ground in Southern Africa and how is working with farmers in Zambia and South Africa by really really listening to them.
The key take-aways:
– Listening to farmers, (really really listen) they know what could work well on their land, even if they don’t grow that mix of crops today because of circumstances forcing them to choose for short term solutions
– It is essential to find the right local crop mix
– When you are working with farmers and really listen, business cases will emerge, but you can’t have a strict 10 year planning
– There are huge opportunities in local processing in Africa, due to long distances to markets, challenging infrastructure, and it makes a lot of sense to process locally
– Local processing makes it possible to pay farmers for Regenerative agriculture
– And this offers many opportunities for (patient) Impact Investors
For feedback, ideas, suggestions please contact us through Twitter @KoenvanSeijen, in the comments below or through Get in Touch on this website.
Join the Investing in Regenerative Agriculture and Food newsletter on www.eepurl.com/cxU33P.
The above references an opinion and is for information and educational purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Seek a duly licensed professional for investment advice.Join the Community
A conversation with Sallie Calhoun of Cienega Capital and the #NoRegrets Initiative, impact investor in regenerative agriculture for over 15 years.
Tony Lovell is the co-founder and CEO of SLM Partners (slmpartners.com/) an asset manager that acquires and manages rural land on behalf of institutional investors, to scale up regenerative, ecological farming and forestry systems.
An interview with Joe Baird, impact investor, splitting his time between California and Northern Italy, where he is introducing regenerative agriculture methods to restore the countryside, both ecologically and socially.
Paul McMahon is co-founder and managing partner of SLM Partners, an asset manager that acquires and manages rural land on behalf of institutional investors, to scale up regenerative, ecological farming and forestry systems.