LANDSCAPE TECH SERIES
In the Landscape Tech series we look at already existing technologies (digital tech, ag tech, new finance mechanisms, financial products etc. etc.) that can scale fast enough during the next 10 years.
We share stories of technologies which put significant more money into the pockets of farmers, land owners, land stewards who are regenerating their/our soils, so they can go faster.
What technologies are missing? What needs to be developed over the next years?
By putting the spotlight on these technologies they can attract the right type of resources (investments, talent, clients, partners etc.) needed to scale and develop faster.
Find out more in the Landscape Tech Series!
- Ichsani Wheeler and Tom Hengl – Everyone has the right and the data to know what is happening on our planet
- Sara Scherr on how to work on landscape scale regeneration on 1000 landscapes for 1 billion people
- Paul Chatterton on working to finance the regeneration of 85m hectares across 16 landscapes
- Oscar Hovde Berntsen on how a company from a tiny Norwegian town in becomes a global leader in virtual fencing
- Maddie Akkermans on changing the weather systems in the Middle East through regeneration at scale
- Troy Carter and Patrick Leung on preventing speculative boom around the $5T carbon potential of degraded land
- Jason Hayward-Jones on making super accurate keyline design on a landscape scale on 10000 hectares altering the behaviour of water
- Nathalie Whitaker and Mike Taitoko, regenerating New Zealand’s dairy industry focussing on water not carbon
- Jasper Bertels on how to regenerate and calculate the returns in a landscape of 1M ha
- Anastasia Volkova on how to monitor whole landscape and watershed from space
This series is supported by the Grantham Environmental Trust, which supports strategic communications and collaboration in solving the world’s most pressing environmental problems. More at granthamfoundation.org
Feedback, comments, suggestions? Reach me via Twitter @KoenvanSeijen, in the comments below or through Get in Touch on this website.
Join the Investing in Regenerative Agriculture and Food newsletter on www.eepurl.com/cxU33P
The above references an opinion and is for information and educational purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Seek a duly licensed professional for investment advice.