On December 15th, 2021 we run a AMA Webinar with Koen van Seijean, an opportunity to come together and ask Koen and everyone else on the call their burning questions regarding building a regenerative food system.
Thank you so much for coming on the Ask Me Anything webinar and all your great questions and discussion!
Some things we discussed:
How Koen would invest and grant $1b:
– Mostly focussing on food companies which can develop food as medicine lines.
– And technology to deploy regen ag and a landscape scale
– Health and regenerative agriculture
– Eric Jackson currently at the BioNutrient Food Association shared more about his vision and why things seem to be moving now
Interview with Dan Kittredge – Making farmers focus on nutrient dense food
– Transparency, and what tech could do there. For instance in analysing DNA in water: www.naturemetrics.co.uk
– Dr. Stephan van Vliet and his work on metabolomics
A metabolomics comparison of plant-based meat and grass-fed meat indicates large nutritional differences despite comparable Nutrition Facts panels
– True Cost accounting (interview coming soon!)
Hannes van den Eeckhout, is raising funds to initiate a start-up studio inspired by Fresh Ventures in East Africa next year (building social enterprises in regen ag & food, based on steward ownership principles) and is happy to connect: https://bit.ly/3Czlzys
Profitability of regen dairy farms in the Netherlands (sorry in Dutch, but deepl and google translate should help)
Lindsey Boyle of the Sandown Centre for Regenerative Agriculture mentioned: investing in BCorps may help improve transparency as BCorps get points towards certification for transparency (I’m simplifying but BCorp is encouraging).
And a question to mulch over during the holidays (let me know your thoughts in the comments below:
Should companies outside food & ag supply chains be able to fund and claim GHG credits generated inside food & ag supply chains? Or should those claims only be available to the companies that make up the supply chains themselves? (Matt Schmitt)
Feedback, comments, suggestions? Reach me via Twitter @KoenvanSeijen, in the comments below or through Get in Touch on this website.
Join the Investing in Regenerative Agriculture and Food newsletter on www.eepurl.com/cxU33P
The above references an opinion and is for information and educational purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Seek a duly licensed professional for investment advice.