A very special episode: Koen van Seijen, author and host of the Investing in Regenerative Agriculture and Food podcast, interviewed by John Kempf, the founder of Advancing Eco Agriculture (AEA) and a top expert in biological and regenerative farming.
LISTEN TO THE CONVERSATION ON:
In this conversation, John and Koen discuss:
- Current investment activity in agriculture
- The role of capital in regenerative adoption
- Regenerative practices and topics attractive to investors
- Regenerating the water cycle at a local ecosystem level
- The benefits of nutrient absorption through foliage
- The need for education in the finance world
- Areas of opportunities for growers today
- Increasing consumer interest through nutrient density
About John Kempf
John Kempf is the founder of Advancing Eco Agriculture (AEA). A top expert in biological and regenerative farming, John founded AEA in 2006 to help fellow farmers by providing the education, tools, and strategies that will have a global effect on the food supply and those who grow it. Through intense study and the knowledge gleaned from many industry leaders, John is building a comprehensive systems-based approach to plant nutrition – a system solidly based on the sciences of plant physiology, mineral nutrition, and soil microbiology.
About Koen van Seijen
He has interviewed over 250 investors, investment fund managers, opinion leaders, farmers, and scientists to find out how money can best be used to regenerate soil, people, local communities, and ecosystems. He is currently a member engagement manager of Toniic, the global community of dynamic and active impact investors. Previously Koen supported Aqua-Spark, an impact investing fund focused on sustainable aquaculture companies.
- Advancing Eco Agriculture
- Back from the Brink: How Australia’s Landscape Can Be Saved by Peter Andrews
- The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben
- The Weather Makers: How Man Is Changing the Climate and What It Means for Life on Earth by Tim Flannery
- Walter Jehne YouTube Playlist
- John Kempf, what would he do with a 1 billion dollar investment fund?
- John Kempf – Forget about soil, Focus on plant health instead
Feedback, comments, suggestions? Reach me via Twitter @KoenvanSeijen, in the comments below or through Get in Touch on this website.
Join the Investing in Regenerative Agriculture and Food newsletter on www.eepurl.com/cxU33P
The above references an opinion and is for information and educational purposes only. It is not intended to be investment advice. Seek a duly licensed professional for investment advice.